Are you looking for an option to delete an account? Do you want permanent deletion of your twitter account? Twitter offers the users with an easy way to delete their account. You have to follow some steps to achieve the same. Here, you can check the article for steps on How to Delete Twitter Account. The Twitter Web service has an option for both deactivation and deletion of the account.
How to Delete Twitter Account
The evolving nature of social media sites helps in providing betters services. Twitter is one of the popular mediums for interacting with people around the world. If you use your account way too much, deactivate the account. If you want to permanently remove the account then only use delete option. Once you deactivate your account, do not log in for 30 days. Twitter takes up to 30 days for permanent deletion of accounts. Save a copy of the data of your account before proceeding to deletion. The Twitter Account settings page has request archive option. Use the option and a copy of the data will be sent to you. Email account associated with the twitter account receives the archive files.
See More: Snaptube for iOS
Delete Account on Twitter
The twitter policies will help you understand the deletion process better:
- Some users share their location on social networking sites. Twitter accesses their location information too.
- Browser store cookies to track the user’s surfing habits. Twitter uses these cookies to track the way you use the account.
- Twitter accesses the account holder’s payment information. Thus check the information if you want to remove Twitter account.
- Users sync their address book to the Twitter account. The address book helps in finding your friends and relatives on Twitter. A copy is kept as a record by Twitter too.
Also, check: Snaptube Online
How to Delete Twitter Account Permanently
Want to know How to delete Twitter Account? Follow these steps:
- First, visit the official website of Twitter. The main page of Twitter will open.
- Second, click on the Log in button. You will find the button in the upper-right corner of the screen. The login window will open.
- Enter your Username and Password in the text fields. Tap on the Log in button. Make sure you uncheck the box for “Remember Me”. There is forgot password option to retrieve or reset the password.
- On the top-right corner of the screen, you will find the profile picture. Click on the picture. A drop-down menu list will open.
- Tap on the Settings and Privacy option. You will find the option below “Analytics”.
- Scroll down. Look for the deactivate twitter link or button. Tap on “Deactivate My Account”.
- After clicking on the button, a pop-up window opens. Read the complete information before deleting the account. Click on the “Deactivate” button for deactivation. The button will have your username written on it.
- Twitter confirms the user identity before deleting the account. Enter the Twitter account password in the text field.
- Tap on “Deactivate Account” that appears at the bottom, blue in color.
- Twitter will log you out of the account. Your account will be sent for deletion. Wait for at least 30 days for the process to complete. In case, you log in to your account, repeat the same procedure.