Do you want to delete Google’s search history permanently? Want a quick way for deleting past search data? Some people don’t like revealing their search history on Google. You can delete the data using My Activity column on Google. Read the article to know how to delete search history on Google. Make sure you check the Google account history before deleting the data.
How to Delete Search History in Google
When you search something on Google, you might have seen that you get recommendations. The search field has a running tab that records the activity. When you type the first few letters, you get suggestions in the form of a drop-down menu. The feature is extremely useful. This eases your work. You can view the related items and search accordingly. But this can be a problem too. If someone using the system after you, then your search history will reveal the information.
See More: Snaptube for iOS
Remove Search History on Google
Browsers on your device keep a record of your search history too. Deleting the search history from the browser won’t remove them completely. To delete all searches you will have to log in to your account. Google keeps a record of what you search. The search engine constructs a profile using these details. The information may include the language, age, and search results. This data help in selecting the type of ad displayed on the page.
Google Search History Delete
- Open the browser and log in to your account on Google.
- Google denotes each account using the first letter of Id. Click on that alphabet like icon.
- Click on the blue button that has “My Account” written on it.
- Open “My Activity” page that appears at the bottom of the account page.
- You will see the list of all the searches.
- Click on the vertical dots in front of the search data.
- Select Delete Activity to open its window.
- You will have to select a date for deleting the files. You can choose from today to all time.
- Now, you need to select the time range by using “After” and “Before” option.
- Select the products you wish to delete and tap on the delete button. This will remove the search history in Google.
Also, check: Snaptube Online
Clear History Chrome
Chrome browser stores the search history in the history file. You will have to open the history of the browser by clicking on the dotted option. You can choose the clear browsing data, for deleting all the files. Alternatively, you can delete individual searches using remove from history option. Remember, this would not delete the history from Google. You will have to use the other methods given in the article for the same.
Delete Search History on Google
- First, visit the site and log in to the account.
- The site will redirect you to the homepage. Click on the alphabetical icon to view account options. From the drop-down menu, open the “My Account” page.
- On the bottom of the screen, there is “Go to My Activity” option. Open the activity page.
- Once the list of search items appear, click on the dotted option.
- Select delete and the data would no longer appear in the search history.