An IP address is an Internet Protocol address. Every device on the network has a unique address of identification. The IP address is extremely useful. When you visit a site on the internet or email a request is sent on the network. To make sure, correct responses are sent you need to identify the device. Here, we will teach you how to find IP address. The article also covers the steps to find IP of website.
How to Find IP Address
You can find your public IP address using these steps:
- First, open the browser and visit the official site of Google.
- Now, in the center, you will find the search box of Google.
- You will have to type “What is my IP”. Press the Enter key on the keyboard.
- The search results page will open with your public IP address details. Follow these steps in case you want to know how to find IP address Windows 10.
See More: Snaptube for iOS
How to Find IP Address of Computer
- First, press the “Windows” and “R” key together. A small “Run” window will open. Type cmd to find IP address in cmd. If you are a Windows 8 user, press the “Windows” and “X” keys together.
- Now, type “ipconfig” and tap the enter key. This would run the ipconfig tool. Once you press enter, a list of all the network connections will open.
- You can find the IPv4 address from the list of connections. The network connections list is long so scrolled down to find the address. These steps are applicable to find IP address Windows.
How to Find IP Address on Android Phone
- Open the Android settings application. Directly open the app or swipe down and tap on the app.
- On the top of the page, tap on Wi-Fi.
- Now, tap on the vertically dotted option. Select the “Advanced” option. Now, you can view the advanced settings of Wi-Fi.
- In front of the IP address heading, you will find the IP address.
How to Find IP Address on iPhone
- First, open the iPhone’s settings application.
- The option below airplane mode is Wi-Fi. Tap to open the Wi-Fi page. This page would display all the available network connections.
- Tap on any current network. The current network connection will have a blue checkmark.
- Next, to the network, there is an “I” icon. Tap on “I” to view the details.
- The IP address details will appear on the screen.
How to Find IP Address Mac
- For checking the IP address, you need to open the “Apple” menu.
- From the “Apple” menu options, select system preferences.
- On the system preferences window, look for network option.
- Now, tap on “Advanced” button. The button appears in the lower-right corner.
- Tap on the “TCP/IP” tab. The tab appears to the extreme left.
- Search for the “IPv4 Address” heading. The address that appears to the right of the heading is Mac’s IP address.
Also, check: How to Reduce PDF File Size
How to Find IP Address of Website
Another method on How to Find IP Address is given below:
- First, tap on start to view its menus.
- On the search bar type Command prompt and press enter.
- The top result will display the command prompt app. Open the cmd application to find IP of the website.
- Now, type “ping website”. Instead of typing website write the address of the website. Make sure you do not include the “www” section.
- Press enter to view the IP address.