Are you looking for options for getting rid of Facebook? Do you want to know how to quit Facebook? The answer to these queries is a bit complicated as there are both deactivation and deletion options. You must know what you are looking for. Although Facebook is a very popular social networking site sometimes you feel like getting away from it leading to its deletion. You can delete Facebook account permanently by following the steps given in the article.
Delete Facebook Account Permanently
According to the media reports Facebook had 2.19 billion monthly active users during the first quarter of 2018. Now, that’s a huge number as compared to the other social networking websites. As interesting as it sounds to be on the social media there are certain repercussions that you may have to face. You might have heard about the Cambridge Analytics scandal. This Company extracted the personal data of about 87 million Facebook users using illegal methods. This was done to influence the 2016 U.S elections. This has led to a lot of users looking for options on how to delete FB account immediately.
See More: Popcornflix
How to Deactivate the Facebook
When you deactivate your Facebook account people won’t be able to find you. If you are on someone’s friend list then they won’t be able to see your timeline. Your profile picture would appear blank. Certain information like the messages you have sent will be visible. Facebook will save your account information.
Now if you want to deactivate your Fb account then follow these steps:
- First, you will have to log in to the account using the username and password.
- Now, move to the settings page.
- You will be able to see multiple options in the left pane of the page. Tap on the “General” option.
- Now, click on the manage account option.
- Tap on the “Deactivate my account” option.
- You will be prompted to choose a reason for doing the same. You must check the box for that says “opt out of receiving emails”. You will not receive any mail until you do not reactivate your account. If you do not want permanent deletion then this Facebook disable account option is the best.
How to Reactivate Facebook Account
To reactivate Facebook there is a simple procedure. You just need to visit the official website of Facebook. Once the page opens you must enter your username and password in the required fields. The account is activated as soon as you press the enter button.
Also, check: Star Wars Rebels Netflix
Facebook Account Delete Option
You must be sure that you want to delete your account. The users won’t get the data back once the process is complete. You must follow the following steps:
- First, log in to your account.
- Second, you must backup all your data on Facebook. You must go to the setting page. On this page tap on “Download a copy of your Facebook data” button. After this, you will be able to see the “Start My Archive” option. Tap on this option and then press the ok button.
- Facebook will take about 2 weeks to delete all your account data. In case you want to remove the data immediately you can do it manually.
- In the help section on Facebook, you will find the delete my account option.
- Tap on the option to confirm the deletion.