Email has become a very powerful tool over the time. It can be used for a variety of purposes other than the professional ones. You can send or receive messages from your school or college. It’s easy for you to be in touch with your distant relatives or friends. Emails have opened the doors of contacting multiple people at once. There is no restriction on who can send you an email so it is better you learn how to block someone on Gmail.
Block Someone on Gmail
Gmail has an option to mark emails as spam. This helps in keeping them away from your inbox. You cannot completely rely on the Google’s filters. There are chances that an occasional mail finds its way to your inbox. This is not the only reason to block sender for Gmail. There may be someone whom you do not want to keep in contact with due to personal and professional reasons. In such a case you can simply block that person from sending emails.
See More: How to Delete Facebook Page
Blocking Someone On Gmail
- First, go to the official site of Gmail. You just need to type “gmail.com” in the address bar of your browser. Just enter your Gmail username in the text field. You may or may not write “@gmail.com” at the end of your username.
- Second, you need to fill the password field. In case, you do not remember the password then use the “forgot password” option.
- Once you enter the correct details you will be directed to the inbox page of your account. If the internet connection is low then you can opt for the basic HTML version.
- To block someone on Gmail email you need to open the mail. If you have moved all the unwanted emails to Spam then you will have to open the mail in Spam itself. Open the mail and tap on the down arrow that appears in the same line as the name of the sender.
- Now, tap on the Block option that appears with the sender’s name. Again, tap on the block button that appears in the dialog box.
How to Block Someone on Gmail: Hangouts
In case, you have already accepted someone’s request on Hangouts then you will have to use the following steps:
- First, go to Gmail’s homepage and sign in to your account.
- Move the cursor to the bottom of the left bar. You will be able to see the Hangouts contacts list.
- Now, tap on the contact to open its chat window.
- On the box tap on the gear-like option that appears below the close button.
- Click on the block option. Again, the hangouts would confirm that whether you want to block the sender or not. Tap on the block button to confirm.
Also, check: Snaptube Online
How to Block Emails on Gmail App
For this, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- First, open the Gmail app on your mobile phone.
- Second, open the mail sent by a person you wish to block.
- Next to the name will appear a dotted option. Tap on the option and a set of options will appear.
- Tap on “Block (sender)”. Again, the device would prompt to confirm. Tap on the block button on the Gmail app. If you want to know how to block emails on Gmail on iPhone then use the same steps.
How to Unblock Someone on Gmail
- First, log in to your Gmail account.
- Use the gear-like button to open the settings page.
- From the tabs that appear at the top, tap on the “Filters and blocked addresses” option.
- You will be able to see the blocked contacts list. Just select the ones you want to unblock.